About TAD

2011-07-02

"My Nude Self-Portrait Photo With My Watercolour" PLUS my poem "IT IS FINISHED" ::: © JTK.CA



"Solitude (Self-Portrait)" nude photo: 1994

I did this and a series of other photos of myself naked for photography class in university. I remember my professor asking the class if they saw any religious significance in my image. Then, he pointed out the CROSS formed by the intersection of one railing and the vertical bar of another railing. I thought that was cool that he pointed that out, because I'm not even sure I saw it before that :-)

NudeCreations.com

"IT IS FINISHED" :::: © JTK.CA
(Based on John 19:30)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the cross, Christ proclaimed,
"It is finished."
No more words needed,
No Pope's decree,
No finely crafted sermon or poem,
No pious efforts on our part.

By the Word's own words,
"It is finished."

He paid the price.
We still fail, yes, often, we still fail.
But He never did, and that is our hope.

He never failed.
That's why He is our hope.

"It is finished," by the Word's own words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NudeCreations.com
TAD is "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

Parallel translations of John 19:30
http://bible.cc/john/19-30.htm

Below is another of my photos that goes with this CROSS-centric post. :-) <3

JTK.CA stands for JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN Creative Adventurer (my identity), but even more important than me, I'm happy to let JTK.CA stand for JESUS THE KING Conquers All. He is my Creator, and I am only a Creative Adventurer because He is the one who made me.



This is my night-time long exposure, taken of residential lighting on the horizon, moving the camera side to side, moving it up and down, plus a little bit of random spinning. Then I turned the finished photo 90 degrees. Usually, you see this kind of time exposure with car lights. However, this one is mostly house lights and, maybe some street lights, on the horizon. Just call me a whirling dervish! ;-) Twist and shout! When I saw the image on my digital camera's view screen, the cross jumped right out at me, and I couldn't wait to get home to Photoshop the image! Weeee!

NudeCreations.com
TAD is "JTK.CA" NudistPoet
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen (JTK.CA)

No comments: